Jennifer better known as Jenny B, is a Chicago native who moved to Sarasota, Florida in 2003. She is a NAMA Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, FL State Licensed Massage Therapist (MA#55504), Certified Yoga Instructor and Licensed Esthetician (FB#9726703). She is also a member of the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, Thai Healing Alliance, and the National Ayurvedic Medical Association. Moving from the fast moving concrete jungle to a lush green paradise surrounded by blue ocean water and sugar white sand was a big change and transition. A whole new world of awareness opened up for Jennifer. The world of Eastern medicine and philosophies. This is where her love for acupuncture, massage, ayurveda, yoga, and conscious living evolved. And her journey began........
- Received Acupuncture in 2003 and her stagnant liver chi began to flow
- First stepping stone, 2005 Reiki Level I Certification
- 2006 Jennifer took her first beginners yoga class, realizing there was tranquility and peace found when unifying the breath and movement of the body
- In 2007 she graduated from Florida College Of Natural Health, receiving an A.S. degree In Natural Health with a concentration in advanced skincare and here was her introduction into the science of Ayurveda
- Attended Sarasota School of Massage Therapy, graduating in 2008 with a whole new perspective of the human body and how it functions
- 2010 Jennifer becomes a Certified Traditional Thai Massage Therapist and brings the amazing flow of this ancient art to her practice.
- At The Lotus Pond 2012, is where she spent her days learning more in depth about all aspects of yoga and how there was so much more to yoga than the physical postures! A 200 hour yoga certification was earned on this amazing journey
- April 2014, Florida Academy of Ayurveda, as a graduate studying with Denise O'Dunn (lineage of Light Miller) she becomes a Certified NAMA Practitioner/Educator of Ayurveda
- November 2014- Level II Reiki Certification
- 2015- Creation of Ocean Love Ayurveda & Massage Inc.
- 2016 and 2017- Travels to Canada and Mexico for more ayurvedic wisdom and bodywork training
Jennifer has learned extensively about the body and mind from her studies and also experience with her clients and firsthand. She has healed her body from injuries in a car accident and other personal challenges by using massage, yoga, and ayurveda as therapies. Inside her lives a passion to learn, create, educate and a compassion to help guide you into your own balance. Using simple awareness and mindfulness, as the foundations of her practice, allows her to utilize her intuitive nature to flow into each treatment/session/consultation.
She is a lover of all animals, climbing trees, dark chocolate sea salted caramel, reading Rumi poetry, hiking rocky terrain, the smell before and after the rain, exploring ayurvedic cooking, and of course the salty taste of the sweet sea in the air. Most of the time you may find Jennifer walking the woods with her dogs Jai + Little Dude, practicing yoga asana, creating DIY products with herbs and oils, or thinking about cleaning the sand from the floor of her car.
Today she still continues to use these therapies to heal and maintain her own body and mind daily. Jennifer feels blessed and full of gratitude for all the teachers who have passed down their knowledge and skills in any way or form. Maybe through ayurvedic wisdom, a blog, a massage, facial or a yoga nidra session, she hopes to one day share something with you.